Think of a dessert that is yummm.. its in your mouth.. sweet, creamy and brittle-y too.. you cannot eat such a thing without closing your eyes and tasting it till the taste lasts.. that’s what happens when you eat creme brûlée. We love eating and making creme brûlée at home.
What do we need? For 4 ramekins
- 2 cups of cream
- 1/3 rd cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tsp – Vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Butane torch
Let’s get cooking
- In a sauce pan add 2 cups cream, 1 tea spoon vanilla extract and heat it. Do not let the cream boil.
- In a bowl beat the egg yolks and add in the sugar. At this moment do not let the egg get fluffy.
- Now mix the cream in the egg mixture. Mix well.
- Strain the mixture through a strainer and then pour it into ramekins
- In a baking pan, fill hot water and place some kitchen towels. Over them place the ramekins.
- Put this baking pan in a oven preheated at 325 degree F for about 35-40 mins
- The ramekins are ready to come out when the mixture sets but is still wiggling in the center.
Next – Chill
- Cover the ramekins and chill them for 2-4 hours.
- Creme brûlée is chilled and out of the fridge, at this time, sprinkle sugar over the creme brûlée.
- Now, with a butane torch, burn the sugar to give it a golden brown color and a brittle like texture.