I love risotto, the creaminess of a risotto together with perfectly cooked scallops is just heaven. This post is for the scallop recipe. Before I get to the scallops, let me quickly tell you how to do the risotto. Cook your rice with chicken broth and cook until it is very soft.. the texture of rice should not be like a pilaf. And before getting it of the flame mix in some cheese to add to the creaminess of the rice. The risotto in the picture here has veggies which I add while cooking and let the veggies get soft too.
Let’s get to the scallops
What do we need?
1. A pound scallops
2. 1 small shallot cut in lengths
3. Oil for frying
4. Pinch salt
5. Freshly ground pepper
6. Some capers (rinsed)
Let’s get cooking
- Wipe the scallops dry with a paper towel and lightly marinate with salt and pepper
- In a hot pan add some oil and put the scallops one by one. Let them sit on the pan for about 30- 40 seconds. The end that’s on the pan when starts to brown, turn them over and cook on the other side.
- You know your scallops are done by the even browning on both sides.
- Take them immediately off the pan and keep them covered, to keep them warm.
- In the same pan add the shallots, and let them brown.
- Add in the capers, some salt, pepper and parsley.
- Serve the scallops over risotto and the capers over scallops.
Just dig in and enjoy!