I just don’t like the smell of quinoa. Last month me got some quinoa just because we have heard that it’s good for health. I tried making various salads but just didn’t like it. The other day I tried making patties with cooked quinoa and the patties worked for us. We eat them as appetizers and also fixed us sandwiches with those patties.
What do we need?
- 1 cup quinoa boiled with little salt
- 2 boiled potatoes mashed
- 1 egg
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder (if you want it hot)
- 1/2 jalapeño finely chopped
- 2 scallions finely chopped
Let’s get cooking
- In a mixing bowl mix together boiled quinoa, mashed potatoes, egg and all the spices, ginger garlic paste and jalapeño.
- If you feel that the consistency is not good enough for making patties, the mixture could be thin, then please add bread crumbs to get the right consistency.
- Flatten small amounts of the mixture on your palm to fry them.
- I like to heat oil on a griddle and put the flattened mixture on it and keep turning until both the sides are golden brown. You might as well deep fry them but there’s no point in deep frying and adding extra oils to your food..
- Garnish with fresh chopped scallions
- Serve hot with honey-mustard dip or any of your favorite dip.
Try this recipe, with your own spices or just as is.. I am sure you will fall in love with quinoa. The patties come out really crisp from outside and soft inside.