I was not a peach fan as they don’t have a lovely crunch like apples but started getting peaches for my son since the time he was 5 month old.. Soon I realized that even if the crunch is missing, peaches have a heavenly taste. This weekend I planned to make a dessert with peaches.. Peach pie comes to the mind first but then pie is packed with too many calories so I decided to make a peach crumble. Not that a crumble will not have calories.. Just the guilt will be less.
What do we need?
- 3 cups sliced peeled ripe peaches
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- A pinch salt
- A Pinch ground nutmeg
- 1/2 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
Let’s get cooking
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place peaches in a greased shallow baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, lemon juice, and cinnamon.
- sprinkle this mixture evenly over the peach slices.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Stir in egg until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Now sprinkle this mixture over the peaches.
- Pour butter evenly over topping.
- Bake 35-40 minutes. Until the top has a golden brown crust.
- Serve warm.
I like to scope some ice cream over the peaches. With the ice cream on top of warm crumble it tastes divine.