Chicken over spinach.. That’s how I get my husband and myself eat some spinach. We don’t like our greens but are aware that those leafy veggies are important so here’s who I do my chicken with spinach.
What do we need?
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 onion minced
- 1 tomato puréed
- 1/2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- Some peas
- 1 cup chopped spinach leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 3 tbsp Oil for cooking
Let’s get cooking
Grill the chicken breasts
I them grilled on charcoal but that’s not possible all the time.. So I use a grill plate on gastove to grill the chicken.
- Marinade the chicken breasts with salt, ginger and garlic powder for a minimum of 1 hour.
- On a hot grill plate drizzle some oil and grill the chicken breasts. Cook one of the breast first and then flip over.
- In a pan heat oil. Add the ginger garlic paste and cook for a few minutes. Don’t let it stick but until it starts releasing the aroma.
- Next add in the minced onions. Cook until the onions start browning and oil starts to separate.
- Now add in the tomatoes, salt and black pepper and again cook till the oil starts to separate.
- Spinach goes in now. For a little while or as you want your spinach to be. I like to cook my spinach a little as cooked spinach helps in absorbing a lot of vitamins.
- Add in a peas and stir for 2 more minutes
Bring them together
- On a plate put the spinach and top it with the grilled chicken and enjoy!