A mouthful of sweet coconut truffles could be just heveanly if made to perfection. Indians make coconut truffles without using any kind of chocolate. These are known as ‘narkel er nadu’. Growing up I loved these little truffle and now I make them at home and enjoy every bit of cooking and eating.
What do we need?
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups 2% milk, you might as well use whole milk.
Let’s get cooking
- In a pan heat the milk and let it come to a boil.
- Keep stiring till the milk starts to reduce. If you stop stirring at this time then the milk will stick to the pan.
- Now add the brown sugar and sugar.
- Next add in the coconuts and let it cook until the milk has completely reduced.
- Let the mixture cool for a while before you start making little balls pressing between your palms.
Serve with chocolate sauce and enjoy the milky- coconuty sweet little treats.
PS: you will find a lot of recipes online using condensed milk and evaporated milk.. But believe me.. This recipe is time consuming but the taste is just amazing!