We hate the greens. Broccoli, beans, peas.. We just can’t stand but we do need to eat the veggies to lead a healthy life.. I just got very simple with the veggies and created a dish that we love to have as a family. Somehow, over time I have realized that Veggies have a flavor of their own which is very intense and when you cook veggies with less spice their original flavor is intact and that’s what makes the veggies taste so good.
It is and will be the most simple dish on my site and this is one of our family favorites. I use a mixed frozen bag of veggies to prepare this.
What we need?
- Florets of 1/2 broccoli
- 10-12 green beans
- 10-12 sweat peas
- 3 water chestnuts- sliced
- 1/2 onion – sliced
- 2-3 mushrooms- sliced
- 4-5 carrots- sliced
- 1 red bell pepper- sliced in length
- Some corn kernels
- 10-12 medium shrimps- deveined
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp black pepper – freshly ground
- 1 tblsp- chipotle seasoning
- 1 tblsp – olive oil
Let’s get cooking
- In a big pan heat the olive oil and then add all the veggies together.
- Add in the salt, pepper and seasoning and mix well.
- Let the veggies cook for about 10 mins on medium heat. Keep tossing and turning as the oil is very little. You may sprinkle a little water if you feel that the veggies are starting to stick to the pan. I would suggest using a non stick pan.
- When you see the veggies have started to get tender add in the shrimps and let them cook. You know the shrimps are done when they curl.
- As the shrimps curl, stop the heat, you dont want to over do your shrimp and also you don’t want the veggies to lose their crunch.
Serve hot with any entrée and enjoy a power packed healthy veggie dish.