Hmm.. So here it is. I love making dips and when it comes to eating I prefer yogurt dips. Wondering why? If you just said that’s the most healthy dip, you are right! Watch out for more dips in my future blogs but for now it’s a very Indian yogurt dip with tempered onions
What we need?
- 2 cups of yogurt -beaten ( I would love the full fat, you might as well use low fat)
- 1/4th large red onion, finely chopped
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1/2 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- Pinch red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/4th tsp sugar
- 1 tsp rock-salt
- Pinch turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Oil for frying
- Pinch fresh ground black pepper
Let’s get cooking
- In a saucepan heat the oil and add the cumin seeds.
- When the cumin seeds are crackling and starting to turn black add the chopped onions, scallion, garlic and turmeric powder and let it cook until the onions start to turn golden brown.
- In the mean time, in a bowl, mix the yogurt, salt, red chili powder, sugar and rock salt.
- Once the tempering is ready add that to the yogurt mixture and mix it well.
- Garnish with red chilli powder, black pepper and rock salt.
Serve with Indian breads or any protein. Yogurt dip is always a hit.