Pasta with meat balls, isn’t it every home’s staple? Believe me, I cook my meatballs and freeze them for up to 2 weeks and whenever we wish to have our favorite pasta with meat balls, I just boil the pasta, cook the sauce and throw in the meat balls. Well, you don’t want to cook the sauce each time so many a time I get a packaged marinara sauce or a tomato basil sauce. Well, I would make my style of tomato basil for this recipe.
What do we need?
- Spaghetti boiled with salt
- 1/2 pound ground meat- chicken (use any meat of your choice. You may mix meats too)
- 1/2 tbsp Fennel seeds
- 1/2 cup Bread crumbs
- 1 tsp Oregano leaves
- 2-3 Basil leaves
- 2-3 Mint leaves
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper
- 1 Jalapeño finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 4-5 tomatoes ( mix of heirloom, cherry, vine and plum tomatoes will be great)
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 stick butter
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan and cheddar
Let’s get cooking
- In a bowl mix together the meat, bread crumbs, 1/2 tsp oregano leaves, basil, mint, jalapeño, black pepper, garlic and onion powder.
- Make small balls and put them in a fryer and shallow fry until the meat is fully cooked. Keep aside
- Roast the tomatoes, remove the skin and chop them up. Slightly cook the tomatoes and then purée them.
- In a sauce pan add butter, add the purée, salt to taste, black pepper, 1/2 tsp oregano leaves, and the shredded cheddar. Slow cook until the cheese melts and the tomatoes and cheese infuse.
- In the sauce now add the already prepared meat balls and simmer for a few minutes.
Let’s bring them all together
In a pasta bowl place your pasta and top it with your meat balls sauce. Serve hot for dinner.