If you love chicken, if you love Indian food then sure you love chicken tikka masala. I love it and somehow believe that it’s best food ever. Now that’s too me.. You know what? Chicken tikka masala does not have any specific recipe or color, they serve it in many shapes, colors and flavors.. That’s very Indian now 😊
I like my chicken tikka masala with a smokey flavor and creamy yellowish orange sauce.. And very mild spice. Here what I do when I crave chicken tikka masala
What do we need?
- 4 chicken breasts marinated with salt and pepper
- 5 tomatoes
- 1/2 onion
- A tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 5-6 cloves
- Half tps nutmeg powder
- 1/2 tps cinnamon powder
- 2-3 whole cardamoms
- 1 whole black cardamom
- 1 whole star seed
- 3-4 whole black pepper
- 1 tbsp dried fenugreek leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1/3 cup cream
- 1/4 stick butter
Let’s get cooking
- For best results I would grill the chicken on charcoal and keep aside. You might as well, leave it marinated and cook in the sauce but you would not get the smokey flavor on it.
- Chop up the tomatoes and throw in a pan to cook with some salt in it. I would slightly grill the tomatoes too and remove the skin before chopping them. Then the tomatoes are slightly cooked and start to reduce take them out and mash them up to make a purée.
- On the other side, in a pan add the butter and let it melt. Now add the whole spices, bay leaves, cardamom, black cardamom, star seed and cloves. Let them crackle.
- Next add the onions and cook until they turn brown.
- Now add the ginger- garlic paste.
- Let’s start bringing things together, mix the tomato purée in the pan and let it simmer.
- Add the cinnamon powder and nutmeg powder, salt and dried fenugreek powder at this time. (If you have uncooked chicken then throw in the chicken and let it cook.)
- Add the cream into the sauce and then add the chicken. Let it simmer for a few more minutes.
- Serve hot with naan bread.