I just love to create different sauces and dips. Sauces aren’t difficult but you need to have the precision to get the zing and flavor and color to it.. Any of them missing doesn’t make a good sauce. Here I have a raspberry sauce for you.. Why raspberry? Cause I bought them and no one at home cared to eat them.. So let’s get a sauce made and serve with some ice cream.. Finally the raspberries will be licked off ..
What we need?
- A box of fresh raspberries
- 2 white peaches- peeled and chopped
- 1 mango- peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup confectionary sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 stick unsalted butter
- Little vanilla extract
Let’s get cooking
- The most time consuming and tough part is getting the juices out of these fruits. Take a fine meshed strainer and place over a bowl. Put the fruits in the strainer and with the back of a table spoon strain all the fruits. This will get you a purée and help you get rid of the raspberry seeds too.
- In a sauce pan, throw in the butter, let it melt and then the purée.
- Now add all the above ingredients lemon juice, water, confectionary sugar, vanilla extract and brown sugar. Let this mixture cook until reduces and thickens.. Depending on what you need the sauce for, you get to decide the final texture.. But don’t make it runny.
So you are done.. A very berry fruity sauce is ready, use it with ice cream.