As promised I am back with my oats with ice cream recipe.. It’s a simple dessert and you would require ice cream of your choice and the oats from my previous recipe.
So let’s make a dessert a little healthy and little indulging
1/2 cup oats- preferably roled oats
1/2 cup flour -(white/ all purpose)
1/4 tsp- baking soda
1/4 cup – brown sugar ( you might try white sugar powder too)
A pinch of salt
1/2 stick unsalted butter (1/4 cup softened)
6 ounces maple syrup or honey.( I prefer using maple syrup for this recipe)
1 box ice cream (chocolate is what I used, you may use any flavor or mix flavors)
Let’s get cooking
1. Pre heat oven to 350 F or 180 C
2. Grease a baking pan
3. In a bowl mix oats, flour, baking soda, brown sugar, salt and butter to a crumble dough. Then mix the maple syrup or the honey and mix well.
4. In the greased pan take the mixture and spread evenly.
5. Let it bake in the oven for 30-40 mins or until the top layer is slightly brown.
6. When done, let it cool and serve with a scoope your choice of ice cream.