Well let’s start with something fun, healthy easy and chewy and that can be kept for more than a week!
I was about to trash oats which just hated..then decided to mix and match and do a couple of items that the taste buds would relish…
Oats bar was the first thing that I could think of..
1 cup oats- preferably roled oats
1 cup flour -(white/ all purpose)
1/2 tsp- baking soda
1/2 cup – brown sugar ( you might try white sugar powder too)
1/4 tsp- salt
1 stick unsalted butter (1/2 cup softened)
12 ounce jam ( strawberry or raspberry or mixed fruit)
Let’s get cooking
1. Pre heat oven to 350 F or 180 C
2. Grease a baking pan
3. In a bowl mix oats, flour, baking soda, brown sugar, salt and butter to a crumble dough
4. In the greased pan take about a cup of the mixture and spread evenly. Then spread the jam of your choice over the mixture and then put another layer of the mixture and press slightly on the mixture.
5. Let it bake in the oven for 30-40 mins or until the top layer is slightly brown.
6. Out of the oven the oat bar cake need to rest and cool before cut into bars.
Enjoy a healthy snack and look for an ice cream dessert with some of the oats from this recipe’s oat mixture!!